284,096 LBS HAMMERED USING A DOUBLE ARROW PATTERN & 3,800 OF DEADLOSS

Go down

284,096 LBS HAMMERED USING A DOUBLE ARROW PATTERN & 3,800 OF DEADLOSS

Post  CRUSHER on Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:42 pm

I am always looking for ways to just hammer the crab and the more i hammer the more money i make at the end of each season.So i am always looking to try new patterns a straight pattern well anyone can do that and as Capt Sig Hansen says "ANY MONKEY CAN SET POTS".So i take pride in trying new patterns but i will not even let any other capt know about a new pattern unless i have tried it and just not for one season.I might use this same patern for 3-4 sometimes 5 seasons and when i get it right and i know others can use it and do it without problems this is when i share it with everyone.This pattern is what i call a DOUBLE ARROW PATTERN which is 6-40 pot strings now how many pots you decide to use is up to you but i use 200 pots and spread them out at 0.3 miles apart but one can set the gear at 0.2 miles apart.But using 0.1 miles apart is really to close.I have found out that the 0.3 miles spacing is better than 0.2 the tip of the arrow is 2-40 pots strings set at the individuals choice but when you use 200 pots and space them at 0.3 you can cover alot of ground so once you have one end done then run what is called the shaft i set these also at 0.3 miles apart.So now ya have 4-40 pot strings set at 0.3 apart then you complete the other arrow tip 2-40 pot strings you will not have to give then any soak time because once you get done with the final arrow tip and get back down to the other end the gear will have had about 42-44 hrs of soak time.Then ya work your way back down to the other end the easiest thing is to store your gear as you go because with 200 pots set at 0.3 miles apart is a long ways i like to start at the farthest and work down towards a port this way if you have to unload then you will not have to travel a long way and back to the grounds.Because time is money and if you spend to long to get back & forth then you tend to lose the time you need top get the gear out .So give it a try and if anyone has any problems let me know.It did work well as in one season i had 2 uloads in a single KING CRAB season of 284,096 lbs of pure KING CRAB GOLD with only 3,800 lbs of deadloss.

CRUSHER
CRUSHER
Baiter
Baiter

View user profile http://www.thecaptscornerh2o.com

Back to top Go down